Sunday, November 19, 2006

Chengdu - Lots of Bicycles and Guys With No Shirts

The first thing I noticed as I entered Chengdu at night on the airport shuttle was that lots of guys were riding their bikes around at midnight, wearing no shirt or with their shirt hiked up half way because of the heat.

I arrived at my hostel, called the Mix Hostel, located at Xing Hui Xi Liu road. My room was simple and agreeable. And I went to bed.

The next day I woke up and went for a little walk, finding a nearby tiny restaurant that served steamed dumplings with rice porridge for breakfast. It was a tasty breakfast and I returned their a few more times during my stay in Chengdu.

Later that day I met some guy from England who was gathering a group of people to go to Leshan where the worlds largest Buddha statue is. I joined the group and started hanging out with the guy from England. We took a bus to another part of Chengdu to explore the city, then we walked back from their to our hostel. I didn't see anything particularly interesting in Chengdu during my walk, though on my return to Chengdu at the end of my trip I did find some more interesting things.

No comments: